Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Cycle Oregon 2011

Wow it has been over a year now since I published a blog and a lot has transpired!
In September I participated in my 2nd Cycle Oregon riding from Sutherland to Cottage Grove, to Reedsport, down to Bandon, then to Powers, Riddle and Back to Sutherland.   Cycle Oregon this year was different from my first time. Not quite as magical I guess as there were no new surprises in terms of what the event offers.  Same great food, beer, route support, vendors, people and of course the ride itself was wonderful.  This year I wasn’t as strong a rider as my first CO.   I was still plenty fast and rode with Ed and Mike a lot as well as meet a new friend Peter from England who also rides steel. 
                The best meal of the week was between Reedsport and Bandon where we stopped at a park overlooking the ocean and they served fish tacos that were incredible!  They were more like fish burritos and they gave me two which was 1 too many!  But they sure were good!
One of the best days on CO for 2011 was day 6 Powers to Riddle.   This was the big climbing day with 2 large climbs back to back followed by a nice downhill and a flat finish into Riddle.  For this day I traded my Volpe in for a Trek 6.9SSL from the trek demo truck.  I thoroughly enjoyed riding the Trek, one person asked if it climbed the hills on its own and to tell you the truth it seemed like it actually did.
                At CO of course I saw several really cool bikes included several Rivendells and  Co-Motions.  The bikes that really caught my eye this year were Lynskey’s, I there were only a few of them but I really liked their look and being Ti their weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment