Tuesday, May 17, 2011

RACC 100 Mile

I was set to go on a 600km brevet on May 7/8 this year.  Unfortunately I decided that I wasn't quite up to the challenge yet and decided to stay home.   On the 7th I rode the Ride Around Clark County RACC 100 mile century.  It is put on every year by the Vancouver cycling club, and it was a well organized ride.

I got off to a good start and was averaging about 16 mph.  Unfortunately I forgot both my water bottles in the car so I did get some cramps, thankfully somewhere around mile 30 I found a gas station and bought two disposable bottles.  Continuing on into scenic Clark County I was mostly enjoying the ride.  Of course the drafters were back there hanging on to my wheel.

Some where around mile 45ish I took a wrong turn and got off course. I was pretty much riding alone at that time having left just about everyone at the 2nd rest stop and only over taking a guy fully decked out for a 600km brevet on a Rivendell.  Thankfully I recognized a few city names and made my way to Amboy, which is a nice little town in Washington.  With out a cue sheet I was sunk though!  even though the ride went nearish to Amboy I had no idea even what road to ask for so I just turned down the road I knew and headed back to Vancouver.

Ended up back to the start with out further issue, only got in 83 miles, but that is better than nothing...

No comments:

Post a Comment